The confidentiality of your information is of paramount concern to Surrey Choices Ltd. To this end, we comply with Data Protection Legislation.
What information may we collect when you use this site or when you contact us?
We collect two different types of data; (1) data about you and which you decide to submit and (2) anonymous aggregated data about how visitors use this site and interact with our marketing campaigns.
1. If you decide to submit data to Surrey Choices, for example by completing a ‘contact us’ form or by contacting us through email, telephone or blog replies, we may use the information to add to a database in order that we can identify you as an individual a manage our relationship with you as a Surrey Choices customer and update and improve the accuracy of our records. We also use that information as further described or referred to in this policy. We refer to any information that may identify you as an individual, such as your name and address, as personal data or personal information.
For example, we may collect the following personal information:
- name and job title
- age and date of birth
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Sometimes you may decide to submit personal information which is of a more private nature, which we refer to as sensitive personal information, and is required in order that we can, for example generate a product quote or perhaps to deal with your questions or administer your policy with us.
For example, we may collect the following sensitive personal information if you decide to give it to us and if we believe the processing of this data is necessary:
- ethnic origin
- physical or mental health or condition
- employment information if you are applying for a job
- lifestyle information
What do we do with the personal information we gather?
We require this information to understand the needs of our visitors and people who contact us in order to provide a better service and in particular, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- internal record keeping and administration
- using the information to provide and improve our products and services
- depending on how your scheme or service is funded or introduced, sharing information with your employer or an appointed intermediary, solely for product or service administration purposes
- periodically sending promotional material about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address or other contact details that you have provided
- using the information to customise the website according to your interests
- responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
What do we do with the sensitive personal information we gather?
In addition to personal information, we may require sensitive information in order to:
- provide you with quotes or other services you request
- to approve or allow you to purchase various products
- to administer and maintain your scheme with us
- to process a job application
What do we do with the non-personal information we gather?
How long will we keep the data for?
We may hold personal information for as long as it is necessary to do so, having regard to the purposes for which it was collected and the purposes for which it is to be further processed.
Non-personal information may be held for as long as it is necessary in order that we can monitor aggregated statistics about use of our site and exposure to our brand.
You should also note the comment in the ‘Controlling your personal information’ section about data deletion.
Security of your personal information
We are committed to try and ensure that your personal information is secure. In an effort to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Surrey Choices may sometimes use third parties to process data on its behalf. Such processing, which may be outside of the European Economic Area, is subject to contractual restrictions with regard to confidentiality and security, in addition to the obligations imposed by the Data Protection Act.
If the URL of a web page starts with HTTPS or you see a locked/green padlock symbol, your data should be encrypted when it is sent from your computer to our server. However, we cannot ensure the security of your data when it is being transmitted to our website or other digital sites from other pages and all transmission of personal information and other data is done at your own risk.
Information submitted to Surrey Choices over this website is normally unprotected until it reaches us. In addition, users are also requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email.
Controlling your personal information
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, use the check box to indicate your preferences and/or do not provide the relevant information (however, please note that if you do not provide all or correct information which we may request, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant quotation and/or services).
If you have indicated your consent for us to do so, the Surrey Choices Group may, on occasion, keep you informed of the Surrey Choices Group’s products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If at any time you no longer wish to receive information about our products and services, or have any other Data Protection queries, write to: Surrey Choices UK Information Governance Team, Nexus Day Centre Green Street, Sunbury On Thames
TW16 6QBor contact us via email at email@example.com. We will not sell,distribute or lease your personal information to parties any other organisations to use for their own purposes unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. However, you agree that:
- We may share your information with selected third parties including (but not limited to):
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into and/or in order to provide you with the information and/or services requested via the website.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we (or any member(s) of our group) sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If either we or any member of our group (or substantially all of our or its assets) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers or visitors to the website may be one of the transferred assets.
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or a member of our group, or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of an order, the processing of payment details and/or the provision of support services.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you by exercising your right of ‘data subject access” under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please contact us. Please let us know, of those Surrey Choices products and services that you may have used, which you would like us to include in our reply. To further assist us in providing a prompt response, please make us aware of any relevant customer reference numbers as well as the details of the information you would like to see.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can at any time ask us to remove any information that we have stored on you can contact email@example.com. We will retain in our files information you have requested to remove in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce our terms and conditions or as required by our regulators in relation to the services we provide to you. Further, in some circumstances such information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and the fact that we back up our systems.
Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests that it be removed; for example we may need to keep a record that you have closed an account with us.
ICO registration number – Surrey Choices is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, registration number ZA066209.