As an organisation, we want to show support to charities that we know have contributed to improving the lives of people in Surrey.
Since 2017, we have supported a range of charities including Canine Partners, Shooting Star Chase, Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance and most recently, The Fountain Centre, Guildford a charity for cancer patients, their families and Carers. Now we would like your help in finding our Charity of the Year 2020, by nominating your charity or one you support, by Friday 29 November 2019!
Nominations are now closed for to put forward a Local Charity of The Year 2020. We will be announcing the winner in December so stay tuned. Thank you to everyone who nominated.
After successfully meeting the eligibility criteria and submitting your application form, we will shortlist the top ten applications with the use of a scoring system between Monday 2 December – Monday 9 December and request a short video or presentation to showcase the nominated charity to be submitted mid-December. These will be presented to the people we support and our colleagues to decide on the winning application through a voting process. Voting will take place mid-December and we will announce the winner around the festive period.
- They must be a not-for profit organisation
- They must have a registered charity number
- They must provide community services or activities within Surrey, which are of benefit to the residents of the county
- Their subject matter must be relevant to the core values and primary activity of Surrey Choices
- They must demonstrate how they support disabled people and or their lives
- They must show a willingness to work with Surrey Choices and our partners to increase inclusion in our community
Applications that are not eligible
We will not permit applications from:
- For-profit organisations
- Groups promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity
- Organisations that do not do work within Surrey