Hi, my name is Oliver Stevens, I have been undertaking a six week work placement with the Marketing and Communications team at Surrey Choices through the help of EmployAbility and my Employment Support Specialist David Man. I was really keen to find more work experience in Marketing as I really enjoy creating and editing videos, learning about marketing and was really pleased to find that David was able to secure me a placement with Surrey Choices!
Here are a few facts about me
- I am 19 years old
- I go to Farnborough College of Technology
- I have an older brother called Sam, and my parents are Bob and Claire
- I have a German Shepherd called Leia (named after Princess Leia in Star Wars)
- I like to play the Xbox and hang out with my friends and cousins outside of college and work placements
- I am a big fan of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and watch lots of wrestling
- I really enjoy creating and editing YouTube videos in my free time
- One of my videos on my YouTube channel has had over 365 views being my most viewed video
- I currently teach myself how to edit my videos using an editing Software called Final Cut Pro
- My goal is to develop and grow my editing skills, to become a famous YouTuber and work in the video graphics industry
- I am learning to drive and I am aiming to pass my driving test either this year or next year
- My Dad Bob Stevens is Group Chief Executive of Mucopolysaccharide Diseases (MPS) Society, my brother Sam and I both have MPS
- I have been really lucky to meet lots of celebrities like Warwick Davies, Robert Downey, Jr. and more!
- I have been on television and radio with my family, talking about the MPS charity and life with MPS. The BBC Radio Interview can be listened to here
Work experience and the future
I have been working with the Marketing and Communications team at Surrey Choices to learn all about digital marketing including social media marketing, the importance and power of marketing and how businesses’ all over the world use different forms of marketing to get their messages out and engage with their audience. I really enjoy creating content and videos of my own personal life and so it has been really helpful to see how companies do this and has made me think a lot about my future career. I look forward to my next work placement through the EmployAbility Team and can’t wait to learn many more new skills.