Surrey Choices has recently signed the Mindful Employer Charter to take lead in supporting the mental wellbeing of their employees.
What is Mindful Employer?
Mindful Employer is a country wide initiative run by Devon Partnership NHS Trust. The initiative provides employers with workplace mental health training, information and advice with the main goal of helping to empower organisations of any size to support the mental wellbeing of staff.
What does this mean for Surrey Choices?
Surrey Choices has signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter. Established in 2004, Mindful Employer is a UK wide initiative run by Devon Partnership NHS Trust. As an employer we recognise that in the UK, people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work. Having signed the ‘Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health’, we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
As an organisation we have agreed to commit to the following values:
- To provide non-judgemental and proactive support to our colleagues experiencing mental ill-health.
- To not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- To be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition.
- To support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- To ensure that we are fair in the recruitment of new employees in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- To make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill-health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health condition will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
If you would like to work for an organisation who is invested in the wellbeing of their employees, click here to see our latest vacancies.