Job Description & Person Specification
|Title:||Community Support Worker|
|Reports to:||Team Manager|
|Accountable to:||Area Operations Manager|
|Location:||Contracted Base, working in communities|
|Hours:||Full Time 37.5 hours per week|
To provide responsive person centred support that enables people with a range of needs to work towards and achieve their own personal goals in an inclusive environment.
You will give due regard to an individual’s absolute right to be in control of and involved in all aspects of their care and support and ensure their privacy, safety, dignity and respect.
In the spirit of collaboration and multi-agency partnerships, this will involve working with an individual and their support networks, including professionals and informal Carers.
Role Specific Objectives – Person Centred
- Provide support that is person centred, based around the wishes and needs of the person in a place and at a time when they need it, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Enable people to work towards their personal outcomes and goals and to learn the skills they need to live the life they choose. This may include support for vocational learning, employment, learning new skills for independence, such as independent travel, or supporting someone’s health and wellbeing.
- Enable and support people to have an integral role within, and to make a positive contribution to, their local community.
- Support individuals to develop confidence in all areas of life through progression suited to their personal situation.
- Enable the people we support to form and maintain real friendships, relationships and community networks.
- Enable and support individuals to be informed and to make decisions about their own health and wellbeing.
- Support and encourage people to build on their strengths, talents, knowledge, skills and experiences in pursuit of their aspirations.
- Through person centred planning, to co-produce, plan, and evaluate support in line with the needs and aspirations of the people we support, as their Key Worker.
- Provide all aspects of personal care and support for health needs in accordance with an individual’s support plan and risk assessments. This may include the safe handling, dispensing, administration and recording of medication on their behalf.
- Support individuals to take risks and be safe in accordance with their risk assessments and person centred support plan and in the context of organisational policies for positive risk taking. This may include support in the context of Positive Behaviour Support.
- To support individuals to speak up and to have a meaningful voice through self-advocacy and co-production.
Role Specific Objectives – Working Relationships
- Through the facilitation of professional working relationships, communicate effectively and professionally with the people Surrey Choices supports, their families, carers and support networks and health and social care professionals.
- Develop effective working relationships with members of community organisations and groups in an effort to achieve inclusion and as an ambassador for Surrey Choices.
- Within Data Protection guidelines, maintain regular suitable contact with families, Carers and support networks to promote positive involvement.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues from across the organisation to share and promote good practice and continuous improvement.
Role Specific Objectives – Safeguarding
- To be responsible and accountable for the prevention of harm and abuse, through the delivery of high-quality support.
- To respond appropriately to, and report, allegations of harm and abuse in a timely manner, in line with Surrey Choices’ Safeguarding Policy and procedures.
Role Specific Objectives – Information Governance, Reporting and Recording
- To ensure and implement appropriate handling and storing of personal and corporate information in accordance with the Surrey Choices Information Governance Policy and procedures, and in line with General Data Protection Regulations.
- To write and provide appropriate records and information relating to an individual’s care and support, personal outcomes and achievements, using information technology (IT) as required.
- To report to Team Managers or Area Operations Managers any areas of concern, in a timely professional manner.
- Maintain professional and personal boundaries with the people you support, their families and carers, colleagues, and other professionals.
- Take all reasonable precautions to maintain the health and safety of self and others, in line with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedure.
- Adhere to our policies, procedures and standards as published. Keep information about the people we support, colleagues and the company confidential.
- Take responsibility for own continuous professional development and maintain an adequate level of knowledge and skills pertaining to the role.
- Undertake all required training as requested in a prompt and timely manner.
- Participate actively in supervision, team meetings, and employee engagement.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required of this role and as requested by manager(s).
- Actively support and promote Surrey Choices business objectives and Core Values.
Person Specifications, Qualification, Experience, Skills, Knowledge
Qualifications and Training
|Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This Job Description is neither exhaustive or exclusive and may be subject to change in light of company requirements and the development of services.