Choices Waves is an exciting broadcasting station that supports people to learn skills for employment. Staff do this by creating podcasts and music shows to be broadcast on the Choices Waves Mixcloud.
The service involves group and individual virtual sessions to gain new skills and learn about how shows are produced, edited and then broadcast. The service supports people to connect with a wider community and develop confidence in different situations. It also improves communication and presentation skills which are transferable to other working environments.
Other skills include:
- Learning how to problem solve and overcome barriers.
- Developing people’s digital skills and knowledge.
- Supporting people to learn about what is going on in the world.
Listen to our Choices Waves welcome message below:
Vocational projects like Choices Waves help our customers to improve their confidence, gain independence and learn new skills to prepare for the world of work. We have our own modules of learning and provide support for individuals to progress further if they wish onto work experience, voluntary or paid work.
For those who want to try presenting, producing or remixing music on a broadcasting station listened to by hundreds of people, Choices Waves is the perfect place to start. This Surrey broadcasting experience could simply be a hobby to meet new people or volunteers can gain experience and a qualification that looks great on their CV.
Here are some of the benefits of Choices Waves:
- Provides key transferable skills to enable people to move into employment
- Gives people a platform to express themselves and feel heard.
- Develops people’s confidence in their abilities and helps their journey with Surrey Choices
- Open doors to further employment or volunteering either within other community radio stations such as Kane FM or other areas of interest.